I was awake in the night, so meditated and then feel asleep where I luxuriated in wonderful dreams with mountains, beaches, musical bands, family and friends. It felt so real. Perhaps it is. Jon Carroll has a wonderful column today on love of a musical instrument, the violin, of love of playing music in a group, an orchestra. Check it out: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/27/DDLF177VVL.DTL I am still with Kay Ryan. We are told to feel our pain and happiness, to truly feel our anger, sorrow, and joy, and let it blow on through. The point is not to "hang on," to not stop movement, change, flow. I like this poem of hers on analyzing the darkness, on making it tangible. It's Always Darkest Just Before the Dawn But how dark is darkest ? Does it get jet - or tar - black; does it glint and increase in hardness or turn viscous? Are there stages of darkness and chips to match against its increments, holding them up to our blindness, estimating when we'll have the night behind us? - Kay Ryan