I am reading the book The Geography of Thought - How Asians and Westerners Think Differently ... and Why, and I am struck by how much Eastern thought I have absorbed. Many of us are very familiar with the Tao Te Ching. Jan says her parents actually know very little of this, so I still find it all peculiar, and I am okay with it all. It is as it is, and I have learned a great deal about myself in these last few weeks. It is all helpful to me, and the sun is just now peering through the fog. Some words from the Tao Te Ching . "The heavy is the root of the light .... The unmoved is the source of all movement." (Chapter 26) To shrink something You need to expand it first To weaken something You need to strengthen it first To abolish something You need to flourish it first To take something You need to give it first (Tao Te Ching, Chapter 36)