First day of fall -


I just realized it is the first day of Fall.   Hoorah!!

Walter Hagen says:


"Don't hurry, don't worry. You're only here for a short visit. So be sure to stop and smell the flowers."




I agree, and while we are smelling those flowers, let us be sure and listen to Molly Ivins.  I woke this morning, knowing this has gone beyond what we can ignore.  How many times has each one of us asked ourselves what  the people of Germany were doing or thinking?   Something snuck up on them, perhaps, while they were doing something else.  I know that Jon Carroll thinks it is an over-statement to compare this country to Nazi Germany, but this is how it begins, and the way to make sure the comparison does not apply, is for each one of us to act as much as we can now, peacefully, and while smelling flowers, and now.   We cannot let Bush continue to say this country tortures.  Seeing him speak is torture enough.