I look out on a lovely, complex sky with a stripe of pink, and I place all the negative news I just read in the NY Times into that stripe and whisk it away. I understand we may get rain and I hope so. It is a job to make sure all the outside plants are equally hydrated, and I enjoy it, and I am happy to share the task with the sky today. I am going over to Berkeley for the day, and possibly the night. I may spend the night at Chris's. He is tempting me with a fireplace fire. Certainly I am delighted that he is taking a week, his birthday week, off work. On Friday, Chris will be 29. I think back 29 years ago to his birth. What pure delight!! Jeff was at our home in San Clemente entertaining both his grandmothers. He loved to play store. He was a little disappointed at Chris's need to sleep when we first brought him home, but after a few years, he sometimes might have preferred it, and they had fun. Anyway, I am feeling nostalgic this week, remembering the birth of Chris and all that followed. Take care today, and perhaps, you, too, will wander, probe, poke, and dance down memory lane.