A Cheerful Check-in -
I seem to be having one of those Blessed Days! I went down to the Shoreline Coffee Shop for my Tuesday breakfast. Alice, the waitress there, gave me a Christmas bag, filled with four bags of homemade cookies. She and her grown granddaughters fulfilled their holiday tradition and baked cookies over the weekend. I am touched.
I saw Santa today and he waved. He had no children for his lap, and seemed to be enjoying his break. He looked just right, like Santa should.
I got my ears pierced today. Finally, you might say. I don't know quite what to think of it, and it is a wee bit fun. I'm the last one in my book group to do it, and one of the last people in general it seems. The woman who did it said she pierced the ears of a woman who was 90 years old. It is never to late to join in the fun.
I have placed the stuffed animals my sons enjoyed as children on a rug by the front door. It is traditional that the animals get Christmas ribbons and greet those who come. Tiger and Bella did not know what to think of them, and checked them out with some wariness, but now, Bella rests among them. I feel like I am looking at the animals wrapped round the manger. I am deeply touched, and I am deeply touched by the gifts that surround. I feel like a manger myself today.
May bells ring as you sing and hum!!