It is another beautiful day, and yesterday I realized that Memorial Day is approaching and summer is almost here. Oh, My! I like this poem by W.S. Merwin about Blueberries After Dark. It is the time for summer fruits, longer days, and if you live where I live, deep, strong nights. May your days balance easily the light and the dark. BLUEBERRIES AFTER DARK So this is the way the night tastes one at a time not early or late my mother told me that I was not afraid of the dark and when I looked it was true how did she know so long ago with her father dead almost before she could remember and her mother following him not long after and then her grandmother who had brought her up and a little later her only brother and then her firstborn gone as soon as he was born she knew - W. S. Merwin