Here are the rest of the poems as created by Garrison Keillor for the Atlantic Monthly. Enjoy!! I found them fun, and very true to the poet's voice and form. She being brand New he threw A flag over h Er & began The bombard Ment & was soon Rocketing A (long) & feeling Braveandfreeand(proudly)perilous Can you see? Said he Oui oui, said she And it was love and it was Spring and roses and it was Dawn & He B U R S T Into song. — E. E. Cummings This is just to say I have taken The flag That was Flying And which You probably expected To see This morning Forgive me It was beautiful So free And so brave — William Carlos Williams Up in the night to piss Saw the flag Stripes & stars Reflected in the stream & in the morning Still there — Gary Snyder On the ship, I sit and wait for the dawn In the midst of the bombs and rockets and so forth, A prisoner of these British marines who might shoot me, You never know in a situation like this. Like so many great moments in history, You come upon it without meaning to. You're a lawyer who goes to negotiate for the release of a prisoner And voilà you become one yourself. There is this incredibly perilous fight going on And I suppose a person should be thinking about freedom Or bravery but I must admit I would give anything for a cup of coffee right now. Like a Starbucks made by a girl in a striped blouse, A latte streaming and gleaming. But that seems less likely at the moment Than Betsy Ross doing a striptease, stripe by stripe. The graceful arc of the rockets, like Don Larsen's curve ball for the Bronx Bombers. He was a hero and then suddenly he was gone. I wonder what's going to happen to that flag. Somebody could write a poem about this, Something to mark this whole thing that's going on, But if they did, probably they shouldn't include The coffee and the part about Betsy dropping the flag. — Billy Collins